This is long-winded but interesting...I hope.
In my looking into "Gay Christianity", I've really appreciated the Gay Christian Network. They do a fantastic job of explaining both sides of the arguments based on Biblical text.
This is a cool video. Share it with friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUmxDbSXvPU&feature=player_embedded#!
I haven't really formed my own opinion yet (still researching) about the celibacy, but I will make this statement:
We were commanded to love our neighbor (Romans 13). LOVE comes above all. LOVE is the most important.
And God loves everyone, regardless of what they're struggling with.
No judging. No hating. Period.
I am very much straight. I'm in a great relationship with a great Christian guy who I respect and love. I know it's not common to find a straight Christian who is willing to have an open mind about things like this. I believe that I have my parents to thank for that. So thank you, parents, for raising me the way you did. Because of your actions, I will never stop growing. I will always have a fantastic, dynamic relationship with God.
So anyway, here's what happened to me today.
1. I woke up.
2. I took my sweet time to get pretty.
3. I went to an academic advising appointment and learned (again) just how much I love being in the Honors College.
4. I explored the abyss that is the underground tunnel system with Lydia.
5. We froze. The projects were closed today due to the cold and rainy weather.
6. We got lost on the way to the mall. While using GPS. We have skill.
6b. We found a branch of my bank on the way to the mall so I could get money...since I'm a lamer and I lost my debit card.
7. We made it to the mall. The mall with an H&M and a real Forever 21. And Pinkberry. I love it there...my wallet does not.
8. I had the realization that I could get my ear (cartilage) pierced at Claire's if I wanted to because I'm 18 now. But I didn't.
9. I found the friggin awesome glasses you see in my photo at Claire's! They fit my face perfectly and I was majorly upset when I saw that they were $10.50. Not worth it.
10. My mama called and I realized that we lost track of time.
11. We almost got lost again on the way back to school.
12. I couldn't get the navigation to load on my Droid so I had to use Google Maps and their directions to find the place where my parents are staying. And I'm moderately navigation impaired.
13. I found my way to my parents and got to hang out with my little brother for a while.
14. They gave me food.
15. I got to talk to Jacob on the phone while I waited for SEEUS to come get me from my car.
16. I came back to my dorm, cleaned dishes, and sat down to write this!
Yep. Pretty eventful. Very long.
I'd like to hear from you if you're reading this.
I get curious sometimes. Do I have much of an audience?
Not that it really matters. I'm doing this for me, though I'm not quite sure why yet.
Anyway, don't be shy. Follow my blog and leave comments and stuff if you're interested.
And have a fantastic day.

Soooooooo, you sure you didn't steal those glasses from a mother on the edge of losing her job, and therein destroying her life?
ReplyDeleteAnyways, very cool. Funny, and junk. Loved the fact that you got lost using GPS
I'm quite sure. Shoplifting and taking 3D glasses from the theater are two different things!
ReplyDeleteYeah, we decided that we were smarter than the GPS.
We were wrong.
awwwh! This was soo cool. I'm gonna follow you <3
ReplyDeletecheck out my [lame] blog.
ducttapeandcover.wordpress.com