Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012



Woah. At my desk and stuff.


So, I'm going to change something pretty major about how I blog. 

The link to my blog got marked as spam on Facebook. This, paired with the fact that having to take the time to write everyday has been stressing me out a little, has gotten a message across in my brain. The message is this: blogging every day is too much. 

I feel like posting links to my Facebook every day has put my business in jeopardy. A very large part (meaning "almost all") of my photography marketing happens on Facebook. I don't want people to hide my posts because then I won't have the opportunity to tell them about what I'm doing with my photography. Things like special events, such as the special Valentine's photo shoot event I'm going to be holding. 

So, what am I going to do? I'm going to start using Facebook like a normal person again. Since I started blogging, I've hardly used my Facebook. All of my thoughts went here. 

It was nice in a way, because it meant that only the people who bothered to click the link would have access to what I was thinking. It's not a big deal, but it's kinda neat nonetheless.

This project is all about taking a photo of myself every day. This is something I'll continue to do.

However, instead of taking the photo, editing it, uploading it, writing, and posting every day, I'm going to start editing, uploading, writing, and posting once a week. 

That was a lot of comma usage. 

All my lovely stalkers can now look forward to my blog being updated every Friday (or maybe Saturday...we'll see how this all works out with my schedule). Each blog post will contain 7 photos and some of that crazy rambling that I tend to do. 


I have to say thank you to all you wonderful people who, for some reason, follow my ramblings. While I would probably still do this if I didn't have an audience, it just makes it that much more rewarding and enjoyable. And to whoever marked me as spam? Thank you, too. You have made your point and thereby enabled me to alleviate some of my own stress.




1 comment:

  1. I love you lil sis! I love reading your ramblings! I miss you tons and tons

    ReplyDelete