Longest day ever.
I had a migraine last night that made sleeping a little difficult. When will I learn that I can't "sleep off" my migraines anymore?
My mom went to the hospital this morning with my grandma. She has (hopefully "had") breast cancer and she went in for her first (and hopefully last) surgery. Her surgeon had an emergency come in so her surgery ended up being postponed for several hours.
I went to Kitty's house for lunch, which was great. I missed her! I also got to see Hannah which was a great surprise. :)
After that, I went shopping for a bit to get a couple Christmas things.
When I got home, my Nana asked me to get the thermometer for AJ. He's been sick the last couple days. Turns out, he had a temp of 104.2.
Not cool. (No pun intended.)
So, Nana and I met Dad at the doctor's office. It was pretty funny because my mom had told me that between the three of us we were set. Nana had the "motherly wisdom", I was the calm one, and Dad can sign papers. It's funny how it takes three of us to make one of my mom.
The doc said all we could really do is keep the kid cooled off some. When we got home, he wanted Sissy. So I stripped him down to his pants and let him sleep on me while I ate dinner. Eventually his fever broke and he ended up soaking me in sweat.
Oh well. I've had worse.
I edited photos while my dad went to get my grandma and AJ slept.
And finally my mom came home.
And now I'm going to bed. No promises that I'll be out of bed before noon tomorrow.
Playing mommy to a sick kid is not an easy job. So shout out to all the moms out there. Keep up the superhero work.

No comments:
Post a Comment