Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 16, 2011


This is the wall in our room. Pretty sweet, eh?

So, today was a very special day. Very special indeed. On this day, oh so many years ago, my best friend was born. 

Dear Petrof,

I could not imagine my life without you. I'm sorry for that one time when I tried to drown you in the pool and for all those times I hit you in middle school. I'm glad that I didn't let you kiss my cheek that one time because now we can say that we've never kissed. I don't know why that means anything to me. It just does. I'm so proud of our ridiculous, soul-touching hug that made everyone in that freaking cafeteria stare. The special times we've had could never fit into one blog post, or anywhere, really.

I miss the days when we saw each other seven days a week, and I can't believe that we now see each other once every other month. Over the past however many years you've been a part of my life, you've taught me so much. You've taught me how to let go and be an absolute fool just for funsies, and genuinely not care what anyone thinks. You've taught me about unconditional love- what it means to give it and what how it feels to receive it. 

You've touched more lives than you could possibly imagine. Everyone you meet can instantly feel the warm love that you radiate, and it draws them to you.

I love you. My family loves you. We've had our fights...and boy, have we had FIGHTS, but we're so much stronger because of it. I know that I can tell you anything and everything, and while all this sounds cliche- I feel like it means something different here because we have that and it's so real.

I'm so glad that you're here, and I'm so glad that you see the beauty that is your life. I'm so glad that you love Jesus and you know that Jesus loves you.

Your bfffffffffffffl,

Smyla.

No comments:

Post a Comment