Oh gosh. Unattractive.
This was in the vast foreign land of Canada. It was in the Avon Theatre gift shop.
My new friend, Stephanie, took the photo for me! (Thanks, Stephanie!)
My new friend, Stephanie, took the photo for me! (Thanks, Stephanie!)
Getting into Canada wasn't a big deal at all. We just handed the guy our passports and Antonios' green card, and we were on our merry way.
While the American dollar is worth 2 cents more/ dollar than Canadian money, there's still an exchange rate fee. So my $50 turned into about $47.
I learned the hard way when I ran out of Canadian money that it's best to just use my Chase debit card. Oh well. Lesson learned.
The food prices in Canada are obnoxious.
I had a coke, a pickle, and a sandwich wrap with chicken, bacon, cucumber, lettuce, and ranch dressing for lunch. It cost $8.
I went into a little Scottish store where I found a bunch of stuff with my family name on it. I learned that the Ferguson motto is "Sweeter after difficulty", which means so much to me. I was really excited, so I bought a fridge magnet.
We saw "Twelfth Night" and "Merry Wives of Windsor" at the Festival Theatre. I really hated what they did with "Twelfth Night". They pretty much turned it into a rock-musical. I feel that Shakespeare is good enough on its own. It seemed to me that they were trying to appeal to a teen audience. It annoyed me, because I almost felt like they cheapened it. I also didn't like not knowing what time period it was set in. I understand that sometimes this is an intentional, artistic "timeless" approach, but it didn't communicate to me that way. It just seemed like development laziness.
But I was the only one from our group who felt that way. Everyone else loved it.
I was really fascinated with the trap doors that they used.
After this show, we went to get dinner. I had spaghetti and meatballs and a $2.50 coke. They also had really good bread with really good oil and vinegar dip.
That dinner was $20.
If you know me well, you might be thinking, "What the heck? Meatballs? She can't eat those."
You would be correct. I ate one meatball over the course of about 14 hours because it was freaking delicious. And it didn't make me sick.
Back to the theatre!
"Merry Wives" was fantastic. We had much better seats, the acting was incredible (of course), and I felt like all of the stage elements worked together beautifully. At the end, when they're in the forest, they had a ton of colorful paper lanterns fly in. It was really cool and it really added to the mood of the scene.
After this, we were party poopers and went to bed at our hotel.
If you were one of those who went to Canada as well and I forgot something here, feel free to mention it as a comment!
Enjoy some tourist photos!
The bridge
Big boat!
Farewell, Detroit!
WINDMILL WOAH.
French? What?
Petro! Canada!
I just realized that those are two women holding hands. That was completely unintentional.
I just realized that those are two women holding hands. That was completely unintentional.
...Welcome to Canada!
Twelfth Night stage!
Merry Wives stage!
Adventure: Canada to be continued...
:)









http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bMOzvxQHywM#t=30s
ReplyDeletewhen you said you guys were party poopers THIS came to my mind.