Canada friends! Stephanie, Genna, Antonios, Ian, and me!
Much thanks to Antonios for letting me use this photo!
Day two in Canadia!
I started my day by being a BOSS and eating my leftover spaghetti with coffee stir sticks.
We went to a little cafe, where an elderly woman subtly sketched a picture of me. Some people would've been creeped out but, as an artist myself, I was flattered.
We wandered around for a couple hours, and then we went to see "The Grapes of Wrath" in the Avon Theatre.
While it's an insanely depressing story, the show was phenomenal. I loved the scene transitions, the staging, everything. They had amazing water effects. There was a rectangular section of stage, probably about 4'x10' that seemed to be a grate. For a scene by a river, they lowered the grate below the level of the stage and revealed a pool of water. The actors not only stuck their feet in, but a couple of them got into the water and swam around.
Later, there was a scene that took place during a storm. They had water raining down from above the stage into the river where actors were, well, acting.
It was insanely cool.
After the show, we went to McDonald's where I got a McChicken, a medium fry, and a medium drink for $7.80. (*Shakes fist*)
If I had the ability to eat red meat, I totally would've ordered the Double Big Mac. Yes, they have those in Canada. Bun, patty, patty, bun, patty, patty, cheese, sauce, lettuce, pickles, bun.
I was surprised. It's such an American concept.
But there it was.
I had an awesome time and made a bunch of awesome new friends. I'll definitely be going back next year!
More photos!
Coffee whitener?
World Dryer Canada.
Made in USA.
Crappy photo of the Avon Theatre




No comments:
Post a Comment