Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 18, 2011

I have the best mom ever.

Today was a rough day. For all intensive purposes, I pretty much slept until 5pm. I had a migraine.

Around 3:00, my Lydia reminded me how dumb I am. She said, "Have you prayed?"

I realized that I had prayed...kinda...but it was a half-hearted prayer.

So she prayed with me. 

I woke up  an hour later and felt much, much better.

Duh, Kyla.

When I woke up, Ashlyn told me that I had a package slip.

So, I went down and got my package...which was from home.

I was surprised when I got it. I wasn't expecting anything from home.

I flipped it over and saw "Best mom ever. :)" on the back.

I opened it and found a ton of little packs of swedish fish and sour patch kids (my favorite types of candy) along with a coupon for a free bra from Aerie that had been mailed to me and a reminder postcard about my dentist appointment.

Good. Freaking. Surprise.

I could've done without the dentist thing, but my mom made up for it by sending candy.

My dentist mailed me cookies one time. 
Yeah, that was pretty great.

So, remember how I was whining about expensive Canadian food? This is why:

I bought 3 1-Liter bottles of raspberry iced tea, two packages of sour patch kids (yes, I bought more), a push pop, and a package of fun dip for $7.00.

I love 'Murrica.

1 comment: